I see I am not afraid to be undedicated to my own blog. Awesome!
This week I canned tomatoes. I will pick more and maybe can another batch. I here tell of a soft freeze coming this weekend and I haven't decided if I will try to cover my tomatoes or declare tomato season over at Mother Nature's will.
I just ordered a steam juicer and I'm excited about it so next weekend I will juice my grapes and can the results. I may make grape jelly, later. I'm also going to try making vinegar from the grapes and no, I will not be doing any "testing" in the first stage (when the sugars convert to alcohol). I have found a few methods and have chose the simplest. It is actually a raspberry vinegar recipe, but I think grapes will work. I guess I'll find out in 3-4 months!
Then . . . it's potato season!
21 September 2007
Canning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment