I am a blogging maniac, and I'm ready to move to the next level in my relationship with my blog -- a commitment to posting. I've been trying to read the scriptures with a greater frequency (daily would be nice) and have a more purposeful, holy Sabbath. Bring in blogging and I think I can accomplish three goals in 1 day. Woo-hoo!
Today was ward conference and it was really great. Sacrament meeting and Sunday School focused on the teachings of King Benjamin in Mosiah chapters 1-5. In Relief Society, the lesson was on the talk by Elder Oaks from the October 2007 General Conference titled "Good, Better, Best".
When I got home (and after I ate lunch), I pondered both of these topics. I love the teachings of King Benjamin because you can feel in his words great truth, encouragement to do the things that are right and an immense love of God and his people. He closes with what was the theme for our conference today: Mosiah 5:15
"Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in agood works, that Christ, the bLord God Omnipotent, may cseal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who dcreated all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen."I want to be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works. There are a zillion things I need to improve on, but for a long time, and reiterated by what was taught in church today, I feel I need to focus on:
- Studying my scriptures -- I've being reading and writing in my scripture journal with the need for greater frequency since mid-February. I need to do it daily.
- I need to focus on developing daily habits that are less centered around the convenience of a single life.
- I need to be more like Nephi from my favorite scripture in Helaman 10 to whom
aBlessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with bunwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine cown life, but hast sought my dwill, and to keep my commandments.


No comments:
Post a Comment