13 June 2008

Excellent reasoning skills

When I was young and pouting, my mother would tell me that if I didn't stop, a bird would come and poop on my lip. (It actually happened once as if Mother Nature was showing her solidarity.)

Now I read that bird poo is not a punishment for pouty girls, but a "reward" for beauty mavens. Bird Poo facials are now available to New Yorkers.

And they are not afraid to jump on board using their excellent reasoning skills:

"I figure if poop was good for the soil, it's good for your face," says Marilyn Phillips, a 58-yearold Upper West Sider who had a Geisha Facial late last week.
Good call Marilyn. For $200 bucks, come take a bath in my compost bin!

I shouldn't be too hard on Marilyn. I excel, myself, in "justification reasoning". I figure if a pint of Ben & Jerry's is good for my tongue, it is good for my hips.

The advantage of justification reasoning is that you only use it when you want. My mom was right about the bird poop. If it is a punishment for pouting . . .

1 comment:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Another post that really made me laugh!