18 June 2008

Has blogging lost it's charm?

Well, I've slowed down as a blogger in recent weeks. I am not sure if it is because I am too busy (which I am) or if my life is too boring (which it is). Since I realized today that neither of these issues stopped me before, here I go again. . .

What's up!

Last weekend I planted a willow tree in my flower bed. It is one of those hanging dwarf varieties. I also planted a pot of flowers in the spot where my dad removed a bush I over-pruned (it had a good run). Now, my front yard, at least, doesn't look like I've abandoned the house. Don't look it the back yard!

In fun news, Cori is coming to town on Friday. We met our first day of college back in 1989 (yeah, I said it, 1989), and we have been friends ever since. She lives in Austin, TX so I get to see her periodically when I fly down there for work. And, conveniently, she has family here so she comes to Utah almost annually.

On Saturday we have a "Parade of Homes" Enrichment Activity. It is an opportunity for people to show-off their home and garden projects. It should be fun cruising the 'hood with the girls.

In September (7th - 14th), I am going on a cruise to Alaska with my friend Morgan. Sorry Michelle, but tickets to fly to Anchorage were more expensive than cruising out of Seattle for a week. :-( The best part . . . no access to work.

I may have bumped my head recently, but I am planning a Disneyland trip in October. Susan has been wanting to go for years and now. . . maybe we will. My goal is to improve my attitude about Disneyland so I don't ruin the trip. I think with regular access to the Corn Dog stands and diet beverages, I can do it. We are looking at October 16-19th-ish, so if you want to come. . .

No comments: