So now it's over and you've read all of the details. But wait, what about the food, what about the shows , you ask. Well . . .
The Food:
I thought the food was great. One night we forked over the $15 cover charge for the Sushi bar, which was wonderful, otherwise we ate at the buffet. I liked the variety of food. Cori, Morgan and I could each get what we wanted. Most breakfasts, I had the poached egg on English muffin and chocolate croissants. For lunch and dinner I was really pleased with their vegetarian dishes. Vegetable curries, dahl, and stir fries were great and they had a few eggplant dishes that we fantastic. Toward the end of the cruise I found myself including green salad, pizza and fries at every meal. I was surprised that I craved the pizza and fries on Saturday. I also I enjoyed some of the fish dishes and duck once. I don't think I had a piece of chicken that wasn't dry, though :-(
The desserts: the "fancy" desserts were ok. I liked the ice cream and the fruit crumbles. And pineapple was a star at EVERY meal. I guess if they will take the time to clean it and cut it, I'll take the time to eat it.
The Entertainment:
We caught the "Vegas-style" music shows. I don't think we any of us thought they were spectacular, but I congratulate anyone who can dance in heels on a moving ship. We really enjoyed the juggling duo Sharkbait. They were funny and amazing. Picture here with Morgan:
In surprising news:
I hit the fitness center 3 times. I attended 3 of the stretch classes, and while waiting for Cori who took the "Total Conditioning" class, I spent time on the elliptical. As I gazed out into the inside passage (or at Canada), I saw a whale, which was cool.
Finis:
Check back later when I get more pictures (which will remind me of the things I forgot) . . .
17 September 2008
Cruise to Alaska: Epilouge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment