So, it has been over a month since my last day at work. I am delighted that I have 6 "Saturdays" every week. But, while I have accomplished something, my accomplishments are far short of the potential of multiple 6-Saturday weeks.
For example, today is Saturday 1 of the week. No gardening, no progress on Independent Study class, no effort in finding a job. I did sweep and vacuum a little, grocery shop, and visit the library. I guess I'd give myself a B. I need more A-days.
Since Susan and I were discussing rubrics (she was giving me tips to help pursue a job in education), maybe I need to define "A-day" for myself:
- Makes effective progress on yard work, house work, or garage work
- Makes effective progress on Independent Study course work, or job search
- Performs daily scripture study
- Burns a minimum of 500 calories in exercise.
- Does not know what dish Rachael Ray made on today's show. (optional--since I could be folding laundry while Rachel makes a yummy Spring Stroganoff, which I watched her make today while not folding laundry.)


No comments:
Post a Comment