31 May 2010

Walk to Run: Half Marathon Pre-training

My sister invited me to run a half marathon with her in November. We're running the St. Petersburg, FL Women's Half Marathon. Unless I don't have enough vacation. Then I might be stuck in Mesquite, NV.

Here is my pre-training plan. The training BEFORE my actual half marathon training. It's from a Women's Health article.

Week 1: Run 2 min, walk 3 min; repeat 6 times <--- today
Week 2: Run 3 min, walk 3 min; repeat 5 times
Week 3: Run 5 min, walk 2 min; repeat 4 times
Week 4: Run 7 min, walk 3 min; repeat 3 times
Week 5: Run 8 min, walk 2 min; repeat 3 times
Week 6: Run 9 min, walk 1 min; repeat 3 times
Week 7: Run 30 minutes

Good luck to me. I dislike running. A lot.

2 comments:

M&N said...

After this you won't like running, but you will love how it makes you feel. Good luck. You can do it.

Brad and Hailey said...

Wow good for you! Sounds like a lot of work but then a lot of fun at the marathon!