My wiki host, Wetpaint, is having a contest. They will help their 1 millionth wiki creator go green for a year . . .with carbon offsets? They should give the winner CFL's for their house, or money to make upgrades to their house. Carbon off-sets don't really help anyone go green. Sure you can buy solar power or wind power or some other sustainably created power, but the winner doesn't have to think about what they are doing and how impacts the world.
Speaking of thinking how you impact the world. . . I am a HUGE fan of the BBC show "It Isn't Easy Being Green". It's not about Kermit, it is about a British family who moves into a renovation project to live a green, sustainable lifestyle. I am waaaaay jealous. They have two wind turbines, solar water heater, green house, waterwheel (generating power), composting toilets. They have a fabulous garden, are raising their own pigs, and have accents ;-)
Let's look at my house. . .I've turned the A/C on. My compost bin was ripped to shreds by the wind storm, I still have broken sprinklers . . . At least I can dream. And I am. At wetpaint.
10 July 2008
Green for a year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment