19 February 2009

Making history

My grandmother used to save everything. I remember a kitchen drawer full of used bread bags and hearing "When I was a girl. . . ." You know the stories. After all, my grand parents lived through the Great Depression. A brief lesson in our history books with personal stories I couldn't relate to.

Well, we'll see.

Today brought the expected lay-off. I still feel light and happy, like a burden has been lifted. Actually, lay-offs, in my experience, are big warm fuzzies. Co-works & friends have been calling or IM-ing me all day-- "I'm so sorry." "Are you ok?" "Let me know if you need a reference." Such support. I am hopeful that will translate into a job, assuming one ever becomes available.

In the meantime, I don't think I will save bread bags. But I'm exploring ramen recipes. And, with the extra time off, my yard will not look abandoned this year.

1 comment:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Ugh, I'm really sorry. Keep us posted on any promising news on the job search front...