I was thinking today about how much my job ruled my world in 2008. I am in a place were I can see it start to take over again and am successfully keeping it in its place. And, in doing so, am reminding myself of why I am/should be/can be successful.
1. Management. I can manage things. I'm a project manager for heavens sake, but when my job is owning me, I'm not managing, I'm flailing. It feels good to be managing things, and not just job things, life things, too. This must be what parenting is like.
2. I can in fact read my Sunday lessons. And not just Sunday morning. It is so nice to plan for scripture and other lesson study as part of my week.
3. Prayer doesn't have to be a desperate move. Sure we all know this, but it is sure hard to forget when your your job owes you. Now that I have returned as the master of my destiny, praying is nice and peaceful with more gratitude and hope.
Now, if I can just translate that to better use of my treadmill .. .
04 February 2009
2009: 1 month down, 11 to go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment