12 August 2010

Training Log Day 72: Reunited (and it feels so good)

I'm more motivated to run at bedtime but more motivated to sleep at run time. This morning I pushed through and got up. My alarm clock went off at 6:00 a.m. and I thought "Just 5 more minutes" and "I could run after work" and then I pulled my self up and said "Just go running". And then I went running. Except for my warm-up walking cheat, I ran the whole time. THE WHOLE TIME!! The last time I did that was. . .never! I appreciate being reminded a relationship with running is hard, but worth it, by my friend Melissa.

More importantly, I felt great after the run and all day long. I need to hold on to that feeling so tomorrow morning when I need to get up and do cross-training, I can do it.

1 comment:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Wooooo hooooooo! That is so awesome!

Not that I'm a running expert or anything, but I've been running consistently these last few years or so... and I wish I could say that those "alarm clock blues" go away. This morning I was lacing up my shoes and even though I was out of bed, dressed and seconds from hitting the street, I was STILL fighting it mentally on some level. There is such a mental aspect to it... You've got to push through it, right?

I try to remind myself that I've never finished a run and thought, "Wow. I really regret doing that." I always feel glad, of course!

But the BEFORE, man. The before is never easy.

Just don't break up with running. Because then you'll start seeing it everywhere... and it will look really GOOD. Ha!