17 August 2010

Training Log Day 76 & 77: Am I a runner?

Note: It's taken me 2 days to finish this due to work and YW.

I went running. This morning. At 6:20 a.m I was out on the pavement. It was only for 30 mins, but I ran the whole time (except for warm-up, but that cheat's days are numbered!). And, I feel great. On days like today I think I'm a runner.

I've got a ways to go before I earn "runner" as a title, but I'm making progress. And, when I get out and run and feel great it is a huge leap for my mental game. Still, the rest days are my favorite. I look forward to a day when I can't run and wish that I could.

Unrelated to training, I've been watching the news reports run rampant as people discuss the building of a mosque near where the World Trade Center was (and will be). I am surprised at the voices that so vehemently oppose to it in a country where we are so proud of defending our rights and the rights of others. Anyway I support the Mosque. It is as reasonable to build a Mosque at Ground Zero as any other structure. Maybe more reasonable than some.

No comments: