17 June 2010

Training Log: Day 18 Enter the Garmin

I got my Garmin Forerunner in the mail this week. It came too late to use on Monday, and the winds last night were a deterrent to running, so, I used today. Since I didn't know how to use it, I got in a bonus 5 minute run (AND I DIDN'T DIE). Overall, I love it. It tells me my distance (2.65 miles) and I can set alerts for my 5 min run, 2 minute walk work out. Before I spent the whole run looking at my cell phone (4 min 30 sec to go, 4 min 29 sec to go, 4 min 28 sec to go. . .), now I focus on something other than when my run will be over.

Last night, instead of running, I did yoga. I think that will be a great xtraining workout.

No comments: