23 June 2010

Training Log Day 23: I want to break-up

Dear running,

I thought we were doing great But it turns out you are a jerk and I want to break-up. Maybe it's because it was almost 90 today; maybe it is because 7 minutes is a long time to run; maybe it's my running shoes and the blister they've given me; maybe it's the diet and the enforced Monkey Bread restriction. I'll call you tomorrow. Think about what I said.

--Jennifer

2 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Running can be a real jerk sometimes and I'm off monkey bread for the moment too... but hang in there and give the guy another chance (and there aren't many guys that I would vouch for in this way)... and do me a favor and move your runs to the morning, which I know bites worse than a brooding vampire from a poorly written novel, but you gotta do it... trust me, I'll be out there in the wee hours of the morning with you just two states away looking at the rising sun and cursing/loving the most expensive shoes I own... my running shoes, of course.

~Jennifer said...

You're right. I need to suck it up and go in the morning. Right now my workouts are 40 minutes so it's not that early.

Thanks for the encouragement!