So, I'm 3 days in and apparently still doing it. Granted yesterday was a rest day. I did not get up this morning to exercise, but I'm going to have to some time. I read that I only need 36 hours of rest for recovery which means if I alternate between evening and morning workouts I can do 4 works-outs a week during pre-training. (The same article also told me to avoid NSAID overuse. That is a good piece of advice because I'm a HUGE ibuprofen fan).
Since I hate running, all of my research has allowed me to focus my obsessiveness on my 1 true love: Food. As a read about training and recovery I learned I need a 4:1 carb to protein ratio post work out. I'm going to spend some time figuring out how I can get sufficient cheese and bacon to my training diet. Since they didn't say anything about fat, I'm golden. I think I'll stop researching now.
02 June 2010
Training Log: Day 3
Labels:
diet,
Fitness,
Half-Marathon,
Recovery,
Walk to Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment